The Cross Baitoa

The Cross Baitoa

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Oh baby....

We have babies!!  Some of you probably did this as a class science project back in the day. You know... the egg in the incubator and wait the 21-25 days for it to hatch.


I attended great schools with awesome teachers, but we never did the egg thingy. So, I'm excited about this process of watching the eggs hatch into little chicks!  Plus this is the second time around. We had a lot of disappointment around here when the September eggs never hatched. This time around we had a plan and the plan worked! The egg was chipped and when you put it to your ear you could hear the sweetest little chirping sound.




 So, introducing the proud mama (Mickey) and her babies!  There is Henny Penny- yellow, Bambi - dark brown/black, and Brownie.  The names are courtesy of a 5yr old, 3yr old and yours truly!

I narrowed it down to Brownie or Lovie and decided to let the kids vote. The 5yr old chimed in... but Brownies are what we eat for lunch. Hmmmm.... kiddo, did you forget that we eat chicken for lunch at least twice a week!!  Yea, I didn't say anything.  It was tempting, though!! LOL


I have to admit that I have been pseudo-stalking these chickies. Mama Hen Mickey may just peck me one day if I keep it up.

One afternoon I was alarmed... where are the babies... Mickey abandoned her babies. You see, we have a couple of stray cats who like birds for dinner or post dinner snacks. We have lost a couple of doves to the cat visitors, so, this panic was not without reason.



Then, I looked a little closer and noticed a little beak poking out. Hmmm... it made me smile to see how lovingly this mom cared for her little ones. It also reminded me of my heavenly Father's love for me and for each of His children. Thank you Lord for these reminders when we need them most.


He will cover you with his feathers. He will shelter you with his wings.
His faithful promises are your armor and protection.  Psalm 91:4 NLT

1 comment:

  1. This is a blessing! Thanks for sharing - sometimes the simplest moments are exactly where God is speaking to us. Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete