The Cross Baitoa

The Cross Baitoa

Wednesday, December 5, 2012

November in pictures

It's amazing how quickly things have shifted into full gear. Lesson plans, Bible memory verses, craft activities, clinic schedule and the list goes on and on. I haven't posted many pictures lately, so I thought I would do a highlight of November via pictures!


We have a teen helper at school who is such a blessing. It's nice to have an extra pair of hands to help out and especially someone as sweet and loving as this young lady. She came over one afternoon for a special outing and we had a fun time baking pumpkin bread!










At school, we were blessed to have students from the 9th and 10th grade Bible class at Santiago Christian School onsite at our Cienfuegos school for an afternoon of homework tutoring. Before leaving, the youth took prayer requests from the little ones and had a special time of prayer with them.











Another highlight this month was saying goodbye to avocado season. The last avocado fell, was consumed and thoroughly enjoyed. I tried purchasing avocados at the supermarket and I was so disappointed. It was like eating a bland green cardboard compared to the sun ripened avocados of the last 3 months. On the bright side the first mango has appeared on the mango tree in the back yard! In 2-3 months mangoes will be falling from the skies.... .... at least that's what I'm told.







Lastly, I shared a Thanksgiving dinner with my host family and friends on December 1st. The turkey was yummy and moist (well done Melanie!), homemade mashed potatoes, a green salad and I made my mom's mac and cheese.  We rounded up the night by going around and giving Thanks.


For me, I'm so thankful to be in this country, surrounded with new friends, and the blessed opportunity to share God's love with an amazing group of little ones!

Youth from SCS spent an afternoon with some of our afterschool kids! 





No comments:

Post a Comment