The Cross Baitoa

The Cross Baitoa

Saturday, October 5, 2013

God put a rainbow in my window...


I'm listening to rain patter on the tin roof and window coverings and thinking about just how quickly this storm came out of nowhere. Just a few minutes ago it was sunny and bright. I looked out the window and noticed that I could see a clear line separating where it was pouring to where it was still sunny and bright. Wow! I stepped outside and saw the most gorgeous rainbow! I absolutely love rainbows. Its a fairly new love for me that started about 2 yrs ago, after I had just resigned from my job and made it official that I was making the move to the DR. I walked out those doors feeling light and heavy at the same time and was greeted by this most amazing rainbow! It felt so personal, as if the God of heaven was speaking just to me.

It's been a busy month here on the ground, and a part of me know that these 4 months are going to fly by. One is gone already. I also have had some other thoughts and worries in mind. As I looked out the window and saw how quickly it went from sunny to cloudy and sunny again I was reminded just how quickly seasons in our life can change.



I have been so blessed by this season in my life. Part of me wonders how will I ever go back to 'life as usual'. Just yesterday I was reunited with some beautiful faces from last year.  I don't know who was more excited, them or me!! My life has been forever changed from my time serving here. I'm so grateful  and I know that God has a plan to weave it all together. The rainbow today reassured me of that... my heavenly Father knows exactly what he is doing and he put a rainbow in my window to remind me! Does anyone remember that song from 198x?? I'm dating myself,  I know!  (click God put a rainbow in my window! )


No comments:

Post a Comment