The Cross Baitoa

The Cross Baitoa

Monday, November 25, 2013

Sugar Pie, Baby Cakes

Today is a special day.... guess?? OK, I should just tell you.... it's my oldest niece's birthday!! Woo-Hoo!! I am a very lucky aunt to 3 beautiful nieces.




See, I told you they are beautiful! But, today I celebrate the oldest of the bunch. Probably 5 or 6 years ago a friend and I were chatting as we flew home to NC to visit family for Christmas. She was sharing with me how special her relationship with her sister's children is to her. As she put it, her sister's kids are the closest she will get to being a mom. I've thought on those wise words off and on over the years. And today, as I think about my dearest Jessica, it rings so true.




I love this girl! Like a smile that a starts way deep down in my heart and makes it way up to my face into a big, goofy kool-aid grin with all 32 teeth showing! I love that people who don't know her dad, say that she looks like me! I love spending time with her shopping, baking cookies or just hanging out. I love her patience with her 2 younger cousins. I love seeing her love for God grow! I love that she is learning to take chances and finding all sorts of new things that she likes, for example macaroni and cheese, swimming and some roller coasters. I love that her mom and I often will call her the same silly names, like come here Sugar Pie, Baby Cakes!





I haven't been home for her birthday in two years now. But, I sure hope she knows that my heart and prayers are with her on this day more than any other day! I'm excited for her future!  And to me she is still my little Jessie Messie, now shortened to Jess Mess and I guess one day soon, it will be just Jess. But she will always be my Sugar Pie, Baby Cakes! Love you girl!!


No comments:

Post a Comment