The Cross Baitoa

The Cross Baitoa

Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Albanico Fantastico



Machete did a pretty clean job, other than those wires sticking out it looks A-OK!
I learned a new word since arriving in the DR. Actually, I’ve learned a LOT of new words.... but one that has been on my mind a lot is albanico! Que es eso?? It’s a fan! I have a new fan and it is absolutely, wonderful! I’m a little sad that I missed the installation, but from what I’m told it involved a machete! Yes, a machete to rip out part of the ceiling to install the albanico. Yikes! It has not fallen down yet, so I guess the installation went well.  A little handiwork with a machete is a small price to pay to have air circulating in 90 degree weather!  Add another praise report ... I have a fan and I’m so looking forward to bedtime!! Maybe I will go take a midday nap! 

9/29 - I finally got some pictures of the infamous albanico! An all purpose machete may be the thing to give for Christmas presents this year!! LOL

3 comments:

  1. hola joya, i just wanted to share some news from Lawndale...Cliff & I just bought a new home and no machetes were used to install central air :) can I have your address, please?? somewhere where packages will not be stolen like power cables...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new house!! Central air sounds AMAZING right now!! :). I will email you my address..... no more study breaks for you.... hit the books!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email me your address too, Jewel! Just saw Mrs. McDowell yesterday, and she was amazed when I told her about your work! Glad that you got the fan too!

      Delete