The Cross Baitoa

The Cross Baitoa

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Effectual, Fervent Prayers!


You know, if you have ‘grown up’ in the church you probably have heard such church language as I can feel people praying for me. Or I know it was the prayers of the righteous that carried me through. Or folks commenting that I felt your prayers, thanks for praying, etc.  Have you ever thought about what does that feel like to know people are praying for you? How do you know? Is that some spooky deep spiritual talk or is it possible that there are moments, seconds, hours and days that you are only moving forward because of the prayers of the Body of Christ?

I have to say that over the last 4 weeks, it has been an amazing feeling to know that people were and are praying for me. I have no doubt in my mind that it was the prayers of many Believers that have carried me through the last four weeks of wrapping up time in Chicago and preparing to journey to the Dominican Republic. It dawned on me one day while driving to work that I felt a supernatural lift carrying me that morning. My energy was gone. My drive to get stuff done was way past “E”. I just didn’t think I could go one day more. Late nights and early mornings were taking their toll on me. But on that day, driving that familiar route to work, I felt that something had shifted. I was still fatigued, but there was a palpable power source infusing strength and power into my energy tank and it definitely was not of my own doing. It hit me... the prayers of other Believers were joining with mine to reach heaven on my behalf! 

This may sound like crazy talk to some of you, but there are others out there that get it! The persistent, fervent prayer of the righteous will accomplish mighty things! I am blessed, beyond blessed to have been on the receiving end of so many prayers!  I have felt your prayers..... Thank You!

2 comments:

  1. Mija Ruby y yo estamos orando por ti para esas ocasiones en cuando tu sientes que ya no puedes... SI SE PUEDE! te queremos, joya!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ay Venessa! Escuche usted! Tienes una hija! Que maravillosa! Gracias por las oraciones! Disfrute este tiempo con su nina linda. Abrazos!

      Delete