The Cross Baitoa

The Cross Baitoa

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Valentine's Day

So here goes another late post. Sort of keeping with my trend, you know, since the Thanksgiving post was a week late and here goes a late Valentine's Day post. The sad thing is that usually the ideas are already floating around in my head, but it's just finding the time and energy to get them on the computer. I'm gonna keep it short and sweet, so keep reading.... and thanks for stopping by. ....

As a single woman, Valentine's Day, can be ....ummm, what's the right word; uncomfortable, frustrating, disappointing, emotional, well, I think you get the picture.  As the 2nd week of February rolled in I started realizing that the V day was right around the corner. Hmmm, nope, no Valentine's day plans this year, or last year for that matter. I guess I was maybe a tad sad thinking about the upcoming commercial celebration of love. When I put it like that it sounds really silly to be upset about V day. Yes, I know, but  there are parts of your brain that don't always think that rationally. Anyway, I must say that this was one of the best Valentine's Day yet. (s/n:  It may even top my all time favorite valentine's day of waiting 4 hour for Pizza delivery. Good memories with a special friend.)

Teachers and staff on Valentine's day

At the end of Valentine's day 2013 I was all jubilant, bubbly and exuberant on the inside. I know, those are alot of fizzy words, but it was a really special day.  I really believe that  that the source of this joy was the result of a conscious decision to not focus on myself, but on others. It's so easy to get so consumed with our vision for our lives that we get wrapped up in making stuff happen, that just may not be the stuff that God has planned for us. When we take a step back, move away from the self centered thoughts about me,   and try giving more of ourselves away, sometimes that is when true love, fulfillment and joy bombards us.

So, I recap my Valentine's day 2013. Feb 14th was spent with 46 littles ones ages 5- 7. We laughed, painted hearts, decorated cards for parents and friends,   enjoyed chocolate cake and soda for snack -- a super big treat here, played some games, made pasta necklaces, oh, and did I mention laughter.  I gave alot of love away this year and in return my heart is full and overflowing. I still get warm fuzzies just thinking about those happy faces dressed in red shirts and fingers all messy from painting.

First 2hrs were class time, then the party started!



February Memory Verse:1 Corinthians 13:13 Tres cosas hay que son permanentes, la fe, la esperanza y el amor; pero la mas importante de la tres es el amor.

No comments:

Post a Comment