The Cross Baitoa

The Cross Baitoa

Thursday, May 9, 2013

Missing You

It's been an incredibly hard week. It's nurse's week.... and I realized how much I miss this wonderful group of nurses that I worked with at LCHC.  They are just a great group of professionals living out their call to Love God and Love People. I miss them. I really do.




It's teacher appreciation week... but I'm not really a teacher, but in obedience I'm teaching kindergartners for 9 months.  Did you know that as the school year winds down to an end that the kids are more hmmm.....  energetic than ever! Which also means more defiant and disobedient as they test limits over and over again.  That can be exhausting. 

Robert, this is NOT OK!!


My uncle died on Monday and I found out on Facebook. Nothing makes you feel more out of touch. Homesick. Grieving the loss of an uncle. Grieving that I'm not physically close to my mom as she buries another sibling.  Top that off with the rainy season and cloudy, gray humid days and I was in the pits. 

Some days it's a choice. You choose to be joyful, when you would rather cry. You hold on to the promises in God's word knowing that he is faithful. My promise for this week comes from Psalms 16:11. 

You will show me the path of life: in your presence is fullness of joy; at your right hand there are pleasures forevermore.  NKJV

Today, those five year olds must have sensed the heaviness in my spirit. As they went back to their seats after story time, one of them noticed that the teacher was still sitting in the reading corner. Before I knew it I was embraced by two little tiny arms. Those little arms disappeared and there was a new set of arms squeezing tight. The next little one gave me a slight kiss on the cheek. and this parade of hugs and kisses continued. and continued. and continued.  As these little ones ministered to me I was reminded again that in God's presence and in HIS will there is fullness of JOY, even on the tough days.


Trust the past to God's mercy, 
the present to God's love 
and the future to God's providence. 
St. Augustine


No comments:

Post a Comment